“The theatre itself is not revolutionary: it is a rehearsal for the revolution.” -Augusto Boal
Booming voices, loud actions and a vibrant medley of movements.
When they speak, the crowd listens in awestruck silence! These are the characteristics of an actor.
And so, once again, SIBM Bengaluru gives all the actors an opportunity, to come and compete it out. Let your dialogues echo the unheard and actions reflect the unseen. Showcase your talent and compete with the finest of teams, all the while besetting the winds of change for the society!
Be ready to sweat it out and put on a show. Be ready to make people think. Be ready, to revive and relive the ancient culture of street plays from the heart & soul of India.
So raise your voices to drown the murmurs. Get set to synchronize with your teams to shout, to clap, to cry, to laugh.....to act!
Get ready, for "Tamashaa"
1. Registration is mandatory for the team either through Revelation website or D2C portal. Only one member needs to register with whom all communications will be made via mail.
2. Multiple entries from the same college are allowed, but no student can be part of two teams.
3. Team size: Minimum of 8 and maximum of 22 members (inclusive of instrument players).
4. All team members must bring their identity cards along.
5. Nukkad Natak needs to be in Hindi/English.
6. Choice of topic/theme is up to team’s discretion. Participants will be judged on the basis of the originality of content/script.
7. Teams are allowed to use Drum, Dholak, Flute or any other music instrument of their choice, but usage of mikes, lights, or other electrical instruments is not allowed.
8. Any form of obscenity through actions or language may result in penalty at the discretion of Judges. It may range from point deduction to disqualification.
9.All Participants are requested to bring along a cancelled cheque or passbook with them.
ROUND 1: Screening Round
This round is to shortlist the teams which will further be performing in the finale.
1. Registered teams need to submit their script along with a short video clip or can send a link of video they have performed already.
2. The clip must be of 5-8 minutes which is to be shared through Google drive link latest by 5th January 2020 11:59 PM. Submit the link to mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Please ensure to mention the college and team name with the video.
4. Shortlisted teams will be informed through mail.
ROUND 2: Finale
1. The shortlisted teams will be called for performing on the day of event 18th January, 2020 at SIBM, Bengaluru campus.
2. The Judging Criteria will be based on
a. Quality of content b. Voice Pitching and Action c. Crowd Interaction and Audience Response d. Social message (with a focus on how positive social change can be brought about in innovative new ways) 3. Time limit: Maximum 15 minutes (12+3) including set up time [12min: warning bell, 15min: final bell]. Team exceeding the final bell will attract negative markings.
4. Teams are expected to perform at an open air venue.
5. Use of fire (candle, diyas, etc.) and liquid item is strictly prohibited. Also, using any hazardous props/elements is forbidden.
6. Only basic requirements like chair, table etc. can be provided. Teams must bring their props, costume, dressing and all other requirements. Teams need to inform POCs about the props beforehand.
7. Teams must be ready with everything in time as per instruction of organizer.
8. No time for rehearsal will be given on the D-day.
9. No stay arrangements will be provided.
10. Decisions made by the judges will be final and binding.
For any Queries Contact:
Ph. No: +91 9958721914
Ph. No: +91 9713794771