Impressions - Photography Contest is being organised by Hippocampus- the Creativity Club of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru and partnered by YourShot India, to provide an opportunity for photographers across the nation to exhibit their talent and enhance the art of image creation.
About YourShot India
YourShot India is one of the oldest Indian community forums on Instagram sharing pictures of India submitted by photographers situated around the world.
YourShot India can be followed using the following links:
Instagram: YourShot - Click here to follow
Theme for the Contest:
The theme for the Photography contest is ‘Soul of India’
The contest will be judged by well-known travel Photographer Pratik Talreja (popular as Sadak_chap) and Street portrait photographer Arpit Verma (popular as explorer_eye).
• This is an individual contest.
• Participant need to follow @Yourshot_India and @sibmbengaluru on Instagram.
• Entries with Incomplete registration forms will be disqualified.
• Each participant can submit maximum of 2 photos.
• The photograph must be posted on Instagram within the contest dates with the following hashtags - #impressions2018_sibmb and #YourShot_India.
• The Instagram handle provided in the registration form should match with the one from the Photograph is uploaded.
• Participants could be asked for the original photograph over the E-mail. The EXIF data should be intact.
• The entry may be accompanied with a caption. Considering the impact of captions is up to the judges.
• The photograph should be an original picture clicked by the participant. The organizers cannot be held responsible for copyright violation, malpractice, misrepresentation made by any of the participants.
• The Entries should be uploaded in digital form without border, watermark, copyright marks or identifying mark on the photograph.
• Post processing rule: Only very minimal post-processing is allowed. Please visit
which captures all the basic elements of post-processing allowed in this competition.
• Photograph’s EXIF data should be intact and should include the date and time on which it was clicked and also the model of camera it was clicked with.
• By participating in the competition, entrants agree to allow the organizers to use their photographs, in print or electronic form, for non-commercial purpose.
• The organizers' decision shall be final and binding. They maintain the right to disqualify any entry for violating any of the above rules.
• Your entries may be posted on Official SIBM Bengaluru Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/sibmbengaluru/ for liking and sharing.
• There might a shortlist depending upon number of entries.
Judges will allot points on various parameters such as lighting, framing, relevance to theme, overall composition etc.
For any Queries Contact:
Ph. No: +91 7875573592
E-mail id: email@example.com