Thomsun was established in the year 1976 in Dubai by directors Mr. K V Thomas, Mr. V T John and Mr. P Shrinivas. The vision and work ethic etched out over the years with the foresight to diversify into new disciplines at the right times have seen the activities of the group grow to become the multi-faceted and diversified entity it is today. With a strong history and credibility Thomsun over the years has business interests in various core industries in the Gulf and the Indian subcontinent.
Thomsun Music Group is the official distributor of Yamaha Musical Instruments across South India. Started in 2008, it has even has an institute to teach budding musicians in Bangalore and Cochin. Thomsun Music House (Music Education), part of the Thomsun Group of Companies is the music school which is situated in the leafy residential area of Indira Nagar in Bangalore, and is open to everyone (8 years and above) who wants to learn an instrument, whether beginner, picking up an instrument again, or advanced. Courses are designed to learn western classical and popular music through the study of music theory and notation, performance, aural training and technique.
TMH (ME) is aiming to be the best at every level:
• State-of-the-art teaching facilities
• Clean, modern, air-conditioned classrooms
• Top-of-the-range Yamaha instruments provided for learning
• No need to carry heavy instruments to classes
• Dedicated and qualified teachers
• Opportunities for teachers to further their experience and training
• Yamaha Music Mates, ABRSM and Trinity/Guildhall teaching syllabuses
• At present, offering classes in piano, keyboard, classical and acoustic guitar
• Planning vocal, violin, drums in the near future